QP Automation is always looking for new talent to expand our skills. Below is the list of current positions that we are looking to fill. Click on the positions below to see more details about the position. Email all resumes to kEncEmailjogpsnbujpoARQBvupnbujpo/dpn
QP Automation is looking for an Sales Engineer to focus on selling solutions into the industrial end user market. This includes Automation Products, Variable Frequency Drives, and Controls. The person will be responsible for supporting this portfolio at all accounts in the defined markets. The focus will be on Industrial facilities and other segments for Industrial Automation and Drive Technologies Product Portfolios. This business will be direct to end users. The Sales Engineer will own a territory quota for annual sales and work closely with manufacturer, and Industrial Sales to achieve goals.
- Develops and implements customer plans for strategic accounts that exceed expectations in revenue retention/growth, account profitability, and customer satisfaction/loyalty.
- Pursues long-term account strategy that maximizes profits.
- Assists in cultivating long-term relationships with the appropriate key account decision makers. Develops a complete understanding of the organizations structure and key buying influences of assigned account.
- Performs client presentations articulating the value proposition of product / solution / service offerings.
- Provides management with suggestions for improving volume, market share and price levels.
- Develops forecasts, budgets and operating plans.
- Leads team reviews and updates of account plan based on changing market, customer conditions, and competitive activity.
Required knowledge/skills Education and Experience:
- 7+ years of successful selling experience related fields
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Sales Experience in the local Illinois and Indiana Industry Markets
- Solution Sales experience with Automation – PLC’s, HMI, Controls, Safety, Low Voltage Variable Frequency Drives is a must
- Candidate must have sufficient experience and aptitude to achieve a Automation/Drive/Controls sales certification within the first 12 months on the job
- Demonstrated business acumen in balancing customer and business requirements, i.e. financials strategic and tactical thinking etc.
- Executive level verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Inherent ability to work effectively in a team environment and strong desire to win
- Organization and time management skills to succeed in a fast paced environment
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of Distribution Sales
- Industrial Experience
- Automation Experience-technical-engineer
- Knowledge of Northern Illinois/Northwest Indiana territory and customers
- Team Player
- Mentor for other team members
- BS in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Experience with OEMs, End Users and solution partners highly desirable
- Knowledge of customers and competitors within the defined territory is a plus.
- Knowledge of CRM
Direction of Others:
Provides specialized guidance or train support and/or professional staff. Leadership qualities and role model qualities demonstrated.